- ID: 2023-4669
- Entity: Vistry Works
- Business Unit: Vistry Housebuilding Division
- Department: Manufacturing
- Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
- Job Location: Warrington or East Midlands (Bardon)
- Date Posted: 19.09.2023
We have an exciting opportunity for a Timber Frame Designer to join our team within Vistry Works, to be based at our factory in Warrington or Bardon, East Midlands. As our Timber Frame Designer, you will be responsible for the preparation, design and coordination of both new closed and open panel timber frame designs and Building Information Models. Working in conjunction with external manufacturers and suppliers and the internal production team.
- Producing accurate and efficient wall and floor panel designs in line with specification, including producing cutting lists and CNC files for the factory
- Co-ordinating 3rd party floor & roof information ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Producing accurate Bills Of Materials and ancillary Take-offs
- Giving consideration to CDM regulations during the design process
- Providing technical assistance to site teams and factory colleagues, as and when required
- Continuous product development and innovation
- Consideration of CDM regulations always during design
- Attending regular production meetings and site feedback meetings as requested
- Any other ad hoc duties that may required from time to time, as directed by the team leader
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Joining Vistry is just the start of building your perfect career. In return for your passion and skills, we invest in your future, providing all the support and training you need to thrive in your career and realise your potential. Our work is rewarding in itself, but we also offer a range of financial, lifestyle, health and wellbeing benefits, plus plenty of recognition incentives. We value you and everything you help us build as we make Vistry together.