- ID: 2023-4701
- Entity: Countryside Partnerships
- Business Unit: Countryside Partnerships South West Midlands
- Department: Build
- Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
- Job Location: Coventry, Warwickshire
- Date Posted: 18.09.2023
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Site Manager to join our team within Countryside Partnerships South West Midlands, at our Lighthorne site in Coventry. As our Senior Site Manager you will be responsible for overseeing and supporting the control and delivery of construction projects to meet client specifications (safety, quality, cost, time, etc.) such that all budget, risk, specification, project timescales, customer and business objectives are met in full. This will be delivering a total of 247 units, 107 open market units and 140 affordable housing units for a valued partner. We are looking for an experienced Senior Site Manager who has excellent stakeholder and client management skills, as well as a rounded knowledge of delivering high quality affordable housing.
- Responsible for the safety and welfare of the general public, staff and supply chain within their control under the strict observance of the Vistry safety policy
- Drive delivery of continuous safety improvements
- Overall responsibility for the successful safe completion of the project: quality, time, procurement, client interface and to lead by example in all that they do
- Management of internal/external design team/consultants to meet project deadlines
- Manage liaisons, interfaces and contacts with customers and stakeholder such that positive and ongoing customer relationships are maintained
- Ensure that detailed plans are developed commensurate with the overall project plan such that material, resources and supply chain can be procured and scheduled
- Chair site meetings; progress meetings, safety meetings and project reviews with all stakeholders as appropriate
- Ensure that all additional work is identified, fully costed and agreed with the client
- Understand and appreciate the commercial implications and drivers within the construction process and incorporate these within decision making
- Strategically produces and regularly reviews the project programme (including Procurement & Design) to ensure completion on time
- Ensure all team members are fully inducted and carry out role specific requirements, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Ensure team members understand any sustainability practices relevant to their role, and encourage continuous improvement
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Regional Office Location
Joining Vistry is just the start of building your perfect career. In return for your passion and skills, we invest in your future, providing all the support and training you need to thrive in your career and realise your potential. Our work is rewarding in itself, but we also offer a range of financial, lifestyle, health and wellbeing benefits, plus plenty of recognition incentives. We value you and everything you help us build as we make Vistry together.