- ID: 2023-4724
- Entity: Vistry Works
- Business Unit: Vistry Works East Midlands
- Department: Manufacturing
- Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
- Job Location: Coalville, Leicestershire
- Date Posted: 18.09.2023
We have an exciting opportunity for Factory Operatives to join us within Vistry Works at our brand new East Midlands Factory in Coalville, Leicester. In this role, you will be working as part of a team in our Timber Frame Factory, producing timber frame panels for housebuilding in accordance with production schedules. You will have the opportunity to rotate amongst various work stations, handling the timber frame from delivery to finished product.
This role will operate from Monday to Friday on a 6am to 2pm shift with paid breaks and 30 mins unpaid lunch break (37.5 hours total). We will be moving to rotating early/late shifts from 2024.
- You will be working on a semi-automated manufacturing line, producing open panel timber frame wall units using Weinman specialist carpentry machinery
- You will have the opportunity to rotate around various departments gaining new knowledge and skills; this will involve cutting materials, inserting thermal insulation into pre-fabricated wall panels, stapling, inserting lifting straps, fitting plasterboard and wrapping finished product ready for transportation
- You will have a natural focus on Health and Safety within the factory environment, and a focus on working within the procedures set out in our Health and Safety policy
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Regional Office Location
Joining Vistry is just the start of building your perfect career. In return for your passion and skills, we invest in your future, providing all the support and training you need to thrive in your career and realise your potential. Our work is rewarding in itself, but we also offer a range of financial, lifestyle, health and wellbeing benefits, plus plenty of recognition incentives. We value you and everything you help us build as we make Vistry together.