- ID: 2023-4907
- Entity: Vistry Services
- Business Unit: Vistry Services
- Department: Strategic Land
- Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
- Job Location: Milton Keynes
- Date Posted: 17.11.2023
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Strategic Planning Manager to join our Strategic Land Team within Vistry Group, primarily based at our Milton Keynes office. As our Strategic Planning Manager, you will promote and achieve planning permission for the development of strategic land assets held within the Vistry Group portfolio. You will assist in the identification and assessment of new land opportunities which have potential for future development by the business.
We are pleased to say, this role can accommodate agile working arrangements.
- To establish, and review, planning strategies to ensure that each strategic land asset is effectively promoted to achieve a local plan allocation and/or planning consent acceptable to the Company as soon as reasonably practicable
- Ensure the timely submission of appropriate representations at relevant stages of the development plan process, including responses to a LPA’s evidence base
- Discuss development proposals for sites with local planning authorities and other relevant bodies, through formal or informal pre-application routes
- Participate in public pre-application events in order to engage with local communities
- Manage and instruct external consultant teams in line with the Company’s compliance procedures and monitor/report budgets accordingly
- If required, submit planning appeals and manage the appeal process ensuring that all relevant deadlines are met
- Keep landowners and/or agents informed of progress in line with contractual obligations, with reporting lines agreed with the relevant director
- Report key policy changes or milestones to the appropriate Director and ensure that promotion strategies are updated as required
- Assist the winder strategic land team in the identification of new land opportunities and assist in acquiring the site under an option at suitable terms
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Joining Vistry is just the start of building your perfect career. In return for your passion and skills, we invest in your future, providing all the support and training you need to thrive in your career and realise your potential. Our work is rewarding in itself, but we also offer a range of financial, lifestyle, health and wellbeing benefits, plus plenty of recognition incentives. We value you and everything you help us build as we make Vistry together.