- ID: 2024-5087
- Entity: Vistry
- Region: Vistry Devon South West
- Department: Build
- Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
- Job Location: Wadebridge, Cornwall
- Date Posted: 01.02.2024
We have a great opportunity for a Telehandler to join our team within Vistry South West, at our site in Wadebridge, Cornwall. As our Telehandler you will be responsible for unloading, storing, securing and distributing materials using a forklift truck. Assist the site team in ensuring that site safety and security requirements are adhered to, while ensuring that all actions comply with the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental policy.
- Assist in site safety by ensuring that the site is operating in accordance with health and safety requirements. Report and breaches immediately, and action if appropriate.
- Inspect forklift truck daily/weekly as required, ensuring that the appropriate records are complete, and the Site Manager is informed of any defects.
- Erect and maintain site safety signage.
- Monitor traffic and pedestrian segregation and report deficiencies.
- Secure any hazards each evening prior to leaving site.
- Provide basic first aid if required, providing the appropriate training has been received.
- Minimise and loss or damage to materials. Report and damage or loss immediately to the Site Manager.
- Check and receive material deliveries in accordance with material strategies and the site requirements.
- Ensure that materials are protected in accordance with the site material storage strategy.
- Maintain site presentation including tidiness and organisation of storage areas, clearing general debris and ensure compliance with the housekeeping policy.
- Distribute tipping skips to working areas and collect when full.
- Ensure building areas, dwellings and boundary areas are secure and report any issues to the Site Manager.
- Open and close the site each day.
- Providing the relevant training has been received, provide cover for the Site Manager, prioritising this over all other work to ensure that health, safety and environmental requirements are adhered to and compliance is achieved.
- Ensure material segregation in accordance with the site waste management plan.
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Regional Office Location
Joining Vistry is just the start of building your perfect career. In return for your passion and skills, we invest in your future, providing all the support and training you need to thrive in your career and realise your potential. Our work is rewarding in itself, but we also offer a range of financial, lifestyle, health and wellbeing benefits, plus plenty of recognition incentives. We value you and everything you help us build as we make Vistry together.