- ID: 2024-5167
- Entity: Vistry
- Region: Vistry Manchester & Cheshire East
- Department: Commercial
- Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
- Job Location: Warrington, Cheshire
- Date Posted: 02.02.2024
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Buyer to join our team within Vistry Manchester & Cheshire East, at our office in Warrington. As our Assistant Buyer you will be responsible for providing procurement support to the existing Buying team and will report to the Senior Buyer. The Assistant Buyer will be allocated to both project and office related duties and will be working within a small team that is very busy and so communication and an ability to engage positively with those around them is essential.
- Manage invoice queries for all sites working closely with the Project Buyers
- Run reports on outstanding invoices
- Cross reference supplier on-hire lists with site lists (Nationwide online)
- Compile list of accounts ‘not used’ for Finance to streamline COINS
- Raise orders for aftercare (at the instruction of the buyer)
- Assist with legacy orders
- Compile spreadsheets of quotes & material availability for tenders
- Welfare & Stationery orders for all sites (weekly basis)
- Run outstanding PO reports
- Assist with raising training orders
- Overhead orders – Stationery & PPE for new starters etc
- Manage PPE cupboard stock
- Marketing POs
- Set up supplier form for COINS accounts
- Complete account application forms
- Aftercare plant hire spreadsheet
- Update prices on supplier bulk uploads as per GTAs
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Regional Office Location
Joining Vistry is just the start of building your perfect career. In return for your passion and skills, we invest in your future, providing all the support and training you need to thrive in your career and realise your potential. Our work is rewarding in itself, but we also offer a range of financial, lifestyle, health and wellbeing benefits, plus plenty of recognition incentives. We value you and everything you help us build as we make Vistry together.