- ID: 2024-5172
- Entity: Vistry
- Region: Vistry Cornwall South West
- Department: Commercial
- Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
- Job Location: Exeter, Devon
- Date Posted: 02.02.2024
We have a great opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join our team within Vistry Cornwall South West, at various sites covering Devon and Cornwall. As our Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for the commercial delivery of mixed tenure residential schemes in the South West Region. You will be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of JCT and bespoke contracts and possess a strong appreciation of project processes and design and risk management. You will have experience of successfully delivering major affordable housing and contracting schemes with values in excess of £5m. You will have worked in a similar level role for a main contractor or developer within the region.
We are pleased to say, this role can accommodate agile working arrangements.
- Strive to optimise the profitability of the Contracts/Developments.
- Ensure that the Contracts achieve the optimum cashflow position.
- Completion and compliance with required contract documentation including Performance Bonds, Parent Company Guarantees and Warranties.
- Ensure that all contract documentation and sub-contract documentation is completed and forwarded to the Department Head / MQS for authorisation and storage.
- Compliance with Commercial and Company procedures through the Business Management System.
- Presenting and agreeing the external valuation with the Client’s Representative.
- Pricing and agreeing variations with the Client’s Representative.
- Prepare and manage key and large risk subcontract accounts from inception to final accounts.
- Subcontract procurement strategy and implementation.
- Ensure the procurement of sub-contractors is in line with the Vistry Business Management System and that the packages cover the scope of the works.
- Check and ensure compliance and issuing of timely Payment and Pay less notices to Subcontractors.
- Control, monitor and improve commercial processes and deliver the objectives and targets for the Contract teams.
- Preparing monthly CVR & VCA reports for presentation to the Business Unit Management.
- Monitoring risk and opportunity schedules and managing risk from Commencement to Completion.
- Provide input and cost and value engineering advice throughout the design life of the scheme and attend design team meetings.
- Ensure a proactive approach to dispute avoidance.
- Ensure company health and safety standards and procedures are followed throughout the team.
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Regional Office Location
Joining Vistry is just the start of building your perfect career. In return for your passion and skills, we invest in your future, providing all the support and training you need to thrive in your career and realise your potential. Our work is rewarding in itself, but we also offer a range of financial, lifestyle, health and wellbeing benefits, plus plenty of recognition incentives. We value you and everything you help us build as we make Vistry together.