- ID: 2023-4318
- Entity: Vistry
- Region: Vistry South East Midlands
- Department: Build
- Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
- Job Location: Yaxley, Cambridgeshire
- Date Posted: 28.11.2023
We have a new opportunity for a Contracts Manager to join our team within Vistry South East Midlands. The project is located at Great Haddon near Yaxley, Cambridgeshire and consists of a total of 507 traditionally built units, some of which are open market sale and some for a HA Client, all on a design and build basis. The project is part of a much larger consortium development with our Bovis and Linden brands, all to be delivered by Vistry Group
We are looking for a driven Project Manager that will advise and support the Design and Procurement teams for buildable and commercial solutions before delivering on site with a dedicated build team whilst interfacing with the client and their agents. You will be a strong forward planner and manage the flow of information from all stakeholders to be received in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the safety and welfare of the general public, staff and supply chain within their control under the strict observance of the safety policy
- Working safely, stopping work if unsafe and speaking up to address any safety concerns
- Participate in safety initiatives
- Maintain site cleanliness and presentation on site at all times
- Responsibility for the successful completion of the overall project and to lead by example in all that they do, managing the day-to-day delivery of construction project, quality, time, procurement, contractors
- Manage sub-contractors, including monitoring of contractor attendance and progress; provide direct instruction and support as necessary such that contractual arrangements are achieved.
- Follow Vistry site procedures and maintain all daily, weekly, and monthly site paperwork as is required to be audit compliant
- Involved with the management of internal/external design team/consultants to meet project deadlines under supervision from an Operations Manager
- Produces and regularly reviews both long and short term programmes in line with the overall project programme (including procurement & Design & Build) to ensure completion on time under the supervision of Operations Manager. Produce and feed in to progress and programme reports for both internal and client monthly reports.
- Ensure that detailed plans are available commensurate with the overall project plan such that material/resources/supply chain can be delivered to meet scheduled deadlines
- Appreciate the commercial implications and drivers within the construction process and incorporate these into decision making working closely with the project Surveyor
- Liaise with Operations Manager to ensure that they are fully aware of project progress and is notified of all financial, specification and time risks ensuring that all additional work is identified
- Embrace learning and development opportunities that are available within a progressive company
- Understand and carry out the role specific requirements of procedures and help to identify opportunities for improvement
- Understand those sustainable practices relevant to your role, helping to identify opportunities for improvement
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Regional Office Location
Joining Vistry is just the start of building your perfect career. In return for your passion and skills, we invest in your future, providing all the support and training you need to thrive in your career and realise your potential. Our work is rewarding in itself, but we also offer a range of financial, lifestyle, health and wellbeing benefits, plus plenty of recognition incentives. We value you and everything you help us build as we make Vistry together.