- ID: 2023-4917
- Entity: Countryside Partnerships
- Business Unit: Countryside Partnerships South West Midlands
- Department: Land & Planning
- Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
- Job Location: Coleshill, West Midlands
- Date Posted: 16.11.2023
We have a great opportunity for a Land and Partnerships Director to join our team within Countryside Partnerships South West Midlands, at our office in Coleshill, Warwickshire. As our Land and Partnerships Director you will be responsible for managing efficiently on a day-to-day basis the resources and personnel in the land department in order to manage the acquisition of land and maintain a good quality land bank. The Land and Partnerships Director will manage, secure and safeguard the region’s balance sheet assets whether or not through the promotion of and submission of applications for development of the region’s land assets.
- Facilitate, manage and promote the purchase of land assets and maintain the region’s balance sheet assets.
- Fully manage the planning process within the region
- To monitor the land bank and aim to maintain supply as is necessary.
- To purchase land as profitably as possible, bearing in mind the required profit margins of the company.
- To monitor local plans throughout the region and manage the promotion of land within the strategic land bank.
- To report on all land asset issues and purchases at regional board meetings, preparing report for the same.
- To undertake market research and gain market and competitor knowledge.
- Contribute effectively to the running of the region through your membership of the regional board of directors.
- Attend region Management Team/Board meetings to advise on land issues. Ensure the team is aware of its progress towards achieving the Region’s targets and if practicable, influence accordingly.
- Challenge critical stages in the process where ‘bottle necks’ tend to appear to ensure that issues are being resolved, with particular attention paid to delays being incurred between purchasing land and starting on site (the planning milestone control).
- Participate as a member of the Regional Management team to implement improved cost-effective systems.
- Ensure the technical department operates efficiently and cost effectively.
- Liaise with those responsible for financial matters and discuss the lad department on a regular basis with key stakeholders.
- Approve invoices and instigate contra-charges where applicable.
- Monitor costs regularly to ensure that budgets are not exceeded.
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Regional Office Location
Joining Vistry is just the start of building your perfect career. In return for your passion and skills, we invest in your future, providing all the support and training you need to thrive in your career and realise your potential. Our work is rewarding in itself, but we also offer a range of financial, lifestyle, health and wellbeing benefits, plus plenty of recognition incentives. We value you and everything you help us build as we make Vistry together.