- ID: 2023-4921
- Entity: Countryside Partnerships
- Business Unit: Countryside Partnerships South East Midlands
- Department: Technical
- Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
- Job Location: Enderby, Leicestershire
- Date Posted: 21.11.2023
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Engineering Manager to join our team within Countryside Partnerships South East Midlands, at our office in Enderby, Leicester. As our Engineering Manager you will be able to demonstrate a pro-active approach to design development, working within a team environment from the land acquisition project’s inception through to its completion.
You will be responsible for undertaking the full technical due diligence during land acquisition with a detailed technical report and associated documents and tasked with the control of the complete design process involving the management of consultants, liaison with the relevant statutory and local authorities and other internal and external stakeholders as necessary. You will ensure the designs complies to all necessary legislation, associated standards and Vistry Group specification, policy, and procedures.
The role requires an excellent base level of Health & Safety, Environmental and Technical knowledge, including a good working knowledge of the Highways & Drainage, Building Regulations, NHBC Standards, Planning, and Affordable Housing. To be able to contribute to the wider strategy of the department and business unit as necessary and advise on industry changes identifying the risk & opportunities.
- To inform the land team during site acquisition and provide the full technical due diligence with a detailed technical report, predevelopment programme with a delivery plan and fee/cost assessment.
- Manage sites as agreed with the Technical Director/Manager from design stage to post completion, in line with delivery programme and key dates.
- Undertake the Principal Designer role as defined within the Construction Design & Management Regulation 2015 and completion of all necessary Health, Safety & Environmental documents, in line with Group Policy & procedures.
- Co-ordinate delivery of surveys & reports required for the development and manage associated requirements from design to completion.
- Manage the process of obtaining consultant fee proposals and formal appointment documents in accordance with Group procedures.
- Co-ordinate consultants to deliver the civil engineering designs including legal plans and the house type working drawing packs.
- Obtaining and collating all ancillary specialist drawings including hot water supply, heating, kitchen, stair, lintels, p.c. ground floors, and precast upper floors.
- Undertaking value engineering assessments and ensure buildability is considered.
- Co-ordinate submission of designs and securing technical approvals for agreements such as S104, S38 & S278 followed by timely completion of legal agreements.
- Co-ordinate utility designs and initial mains laying onto site, ensuring legal agreements completed in timely manner.
- Co-ordinate information and liaise with architects, civil and structural engineers, and landscape architects, ensuring consistency between various designs.
- Prepare all drawings and documents for engineering and superstructure elements for tender, followed by the construction issue and sales handover.
- Coordinate street naming with local authority, complete plot list and distribute internally and externally of the business.
- Where applicable obtaining Management Company quotations, reviewing, comparing, and providing the Sales & Technical Director with recommendation for appointments.
- Assist in production of Sales brochure, legal and sales handover meetings.
- Provide information for Housing Association contracts and attendance of progress meetings,
- Submission of all information to NHBC and obtaining approval of same, obtaining SAP Assessments together with PEA’ and EPC’s, Robust Standard Details and any other requirements.
- Attending and chairing Pre-Start Meetings and briefing all departments on matters related to the land acquisition, detailed design, and delivery.
- To monitor and report technical & development fees including S106 obligations.
- Resolve all technical related queries including conducting site visits and site progress meetings as required.
- May include the wider management of parts of the technical team and development of team members as requested.
- To understand and advise on technical changes to the Industry and to assist in forming the Business Unit strategy as requested.
- Mentoring and developing Trainees / Assistant Technical Coordinators whilst they assist the Technical Manager with the day to day management of projects
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Regional Office Location
Joining Vistry is just the start of building your perfect career. In return for your passion and skills, we invest in your future, providing all the support and training you need to thrive in your career and realise your potential. Our work is rewarding in itself, but we also offer a range of financial, lifestyle, health and wellbeing benefits, plus plenty of recognition incentives. We value you and everything you help us build as we make Vistry together.